1. Make sure you brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes each time. Choose a whitening toothpaste that will target discolouring and brighten your teeth.
2.Let’s talk tools: Your toothbrush has a shelf life of three months – maximum. If the bristles are soft and worn down, it’s time to buy a new one!
3.You’ve probably heard that coffee, tea, fruit juices and red wine can stain your teeth. A great way to minimise marks is to drink with a straw. Yes you’ll look a bit mad at the bar, but at least your smile will gleam!
4. Citrus fruits are a great source of Vitamin C, but the acids found in oranges and grapefruits can erode tooth enamel. To avoid damage, rinse your mouth out with warm water after eating.
5. Did you know that brushing your tongue is as important as brushing your teeth? Not only does it prevent bad breath, but removing the bacteria from your tongue can prevent discolouration too.
6. Although baking soda is a household teeth whitener, don’t overdo it. Its “polishing” qualities may in fact wear away enamel causing long-term damage.
7. Raw fruit and vegetables are not only great for your health; they’re great for your oral hygiene too. Chewing crunchy food causes your mouth to produce a lot of saliva, giving your teeth an instant clean.
8.Take your smile seriously and visit the dentist every six months. We know it’s not fun, but a professional clean and check-up will keep your teeth in good health.
9. A tip from the makeup team: Wear red, hot pink or plum coloured lipsticks for instantly whiter looking teeth. Why? The blue undertones will neutralise any yellow stains giving the illusion of extra sparkle!